Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Creating My Own- Brisket Hash

I posted my breakfast potato recipe a while back. It's definitely one of my favorites because it's a recipe that's my own adaption of my father's idea and it just so happens to taste great, too. We had some leftover brisket from our recent party and I decided to try it out in the same method that I use for my breakfast potatoes. Kind of like a hash. Guess what? It's awesome.


I started by dicing up the brisket into large cubes and sauteed them in a hot 15" frying pan, sprayed with nonstick spray. Sauteed for a few minutes until they sweated a little grease and removed the meat from the pan. Added 2 small chopped onions, a chopped green pepper, and sauteed on med-high until slightly soft. Cut 4 red potatoes into a large dice and added to the pan. After a few minutes I turned the heat to low and covered the pan, tilting the lid to let the steam out. I let them go on low for about an hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so, and then added back the brisket cubes. 30 minutes later I topped it with American Cheese; another 15 minutes covered on low, and served.


Wow. This was amazing. Looked just as good as my breakfast potatoes, but darker. I was concerned that it would be too greasy, but the meat juices combined with the vegetables to make this awesome gravy. The brisket softened while cooking and the spices from it mixed throughout the dish. It was simply fantastic. Go me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment