Sunday, March 7, 2010

Curry Chicken Salad with Cucumber- Dr. Atkins

A few of my girlfriends were coming over and I wanted to have a few simple things for dinner with little fuss, since it was mid-week. My one friend tries to eat a low carb diet whenever possible, so I decided to give my Atkins cookbook a whirl. I found a few things that I thought could be tasty, before settling on chicken salad. I knew that I would have leftover chicken from the Tandoori recipe and found a curry chicken salad that sounded delicious.

Man, do I love a good chicken salad. It's an interesting food, since everyone has their favorite way to make it and most people are pretty particular about their preferences. I like all white meat, no fruit, diced meat versus shredded, and a little vegetable crunch for texture.

I started by whisking mayonnaise, vinegar, & scallions with the spices, and then added chopped cucumber & celery. I diced up the chicken, put it in a serving dish and was done. So simple! I served it with sliced bread, cut celery, & baby spinach leaves. Not to toot my horn, but this was fantastic!!! Creamy but not too creamy, extremely flavorful, and just the right amount of crunch. The curry gave it a great flavor and nice color. The recipe also calls for a touch of cinnamon which gives it a "hint of intrigue". I'm not the hugest fan of cinnamon, but took their word for it. I couldn't taste the cinnamon, thankfully, but whatever it added- it worked!

Curry Chicken Salad with Cucumbers- Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook
http://www.recipezaar.com/curry-chicken-salad-with-cucumbers-401392

No comments:

Post a Comment